Friday, December 23, 2011

Pre-Christmas thought and feelings of thanks

Wow, can you believe it’s Christmas?  I am amazed at how fast time seems to pass.  This holiday brings out a lot of memories of spending time in Mexico with my family and celebrating the posadas.  I remember going to my Aunts house when I was a child and celebrating the holidays with ponche, tamales, piñatas and villancicos.  Now that I am older and making my own home I am thankful for many things in my life.

First and foremost I am thankful that for my parents. I am blessed that my mom is doing well and that no more cancer has shown on her medical tests; that my dad is healthy and that both of them love me very much.
I am thankful for my brothers and my sister because I know that they will always have my back and be more than willing to protect me and make laugh.
I am thankful for a wonderfully kind sister-in-law who enjoys life and has shown me that family will always be more important than anything.
I am thankful to my little nephews who make me see things in their innocent ways and rediscovered a lot of things that I forgot how to see as I got older.

I am thankful to my baby niece because seeing her smile makes my heart joyful and full of hope.
I am thankful to all my friends those close by and those far away.  Because no matter how long it’s been since we've seen each other, our friendship remains and when we do talk, it’s like no time has passed, and we pick up right where we left off.

There is one person for whom I am more than thankful.  He has shared his life with me these past three years. He believes in me and he loves the person that I am, for who I am, even when I am not at my best.  He understands my obsession with books and movies. He enjoys my cooking.  He is proud of my accomplishments and knowledge, and is not intimidated by them.  He pushes me to continue growing and to become better at everything that I set out to do. He takes care of me. He pampers me. He protects me.  He makes me smile and gives me a tissue when I start crying at the movies.  I love him and am blessed to have him be a part of my life.

I am thankful that I am healthy, that I have a roof over my head, food on my table and happiness in my heart.

What more could a girl want?

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment